January 21, 2010

Isabelle Abramson


Hi!

Well the holidays are certainly 'sleep-over' season! This morning I have four wee lads, blurry eyed and keen to start the day : ) I had a plan that I was going to get up earlier this morning to write this 'I' post, but I had an irresistible early morning visit from my youngest son, who snuggled right in until it was his 'get-up' time. If you ask me, that is the perfect way to start the day!


Isabelle Abramson

The same youngest son has been discussing with me the possibility of including a 'nature table' in our home. His requirements are; a chair, some books, and a collection of 'nature' in jars - "not for touching, just for looking". I showed him a collection that I had been gathering from our walks and beach visits. It has stones, seed pods, shells, skeleton leaves, sea glass, even a piece of sea sponge - little treasures that have made their way home in pockets and buckets : )

When I saw this porcelain work by Isabelle Abramson, it reminded me of our little collection of 'nature' - delicate, textural and beautiful. Each of Isabelle's pieces are moulded by hand. The little holes and spaces are skillfully cut and drilled to create an intricate pattern, letting light play and shadows dance.

Take a peek:

(images from Isabelle Abramson)
NOTES:
visit Isabelle's website

"there's no talking in the nature corner Mama, it's where you go to have some quiet time."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


If you are in 'this neck of the woods' I hope your summer holidays are going well... where ever you are, I hope your days are filled with warmth, fun and adventure : )

See you tomorrow!
xxoo

No comments: