January 18, 2010

Sarajo Friedan + Free Stuff


Happy Monday!

I hope you had a lovely weekend : ) We had pretty lousy weather here, we tried to venture out yesterday to do some fishing, but the southerly gale and the icy cold drizzle wasn't very encouraging! We did get to play some boardgames though, and the Lego frenzy is still going strong!

This morning is looking all good, the sun is shining and the wind has died right down, so we are all looking forward to getting out and about.

Shall we get this alphabet week underway??

Here we go...

Sarajo Friedan

As soon as I saw this first print from Sarajo Friedan I knew it would be a prefect way to start a new week. Adds a bit of sunshine pop don't you think?

I tried to find my own words to describe Sarajo and her work, but really her own info just sums it up perfectly...

"I work from a studio in Los Angeles that borders Thai Town, Little Armenia and Koreatown, with Guatemalan and Salvadoran bakeries nearby. The cacophony of hand-painted signs in a variety of languages serves as both inspiration and daily reminder that the ordinary is often extraordinary and nothing is what it seems.

A host of disparate vocabularies from the worlds of fine, folk and decorative art, including Persian miniatures, Shaker trance drawings, Japanese ukiyo-e, and my Hungarian great aunt’s embroidery, can be found wandering through my images. Using open ended narratives, folk tales, abstraction and the juxtaposition of discordant images, I try to give form to the human experience as I see it. "




(images and quote from Sarajo Friedan)

NOTES:
visit Sarajo's
website

Free Stuff

On Friday I told you about a Eat Drink Chic - have you been yet?? I've just come back from another long peruse - talk about being sidetracked!

Based in Melbourne, Amy Moss is the stylist, graphic designer and writer behind Eat Drink Chic.

"Fusing my design background with do-it-yourself craft projects, I’m seeking to inject style into day to day life."

Not only is Amy's blog full of all sorts of eye candy and inspiration, it has a ton of free DIY goodness as well - have a look!






(images from Eat Drink Chic)

NOTES:
visit Amy's website

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Thanks so much for dropping by. Have a wonderful day!

See you tomorrow. xxoo

No comments: