January 22, 2010

Julia Bereciartu


Hello!

This morning has been lovely, it has started very slowly... I lay in bed for a little bit longer, lingered over my cup of tea, sat with the boys pulling Lego pieces apart and even repositioned the flower vases...but I have to say, all this slowness has come to an end.

Boys never stay slow for long, and now they are running around full of boisterous energy! Standing over my shoulder as I write this, asking a million questions and wanting to know about the clever person I'm going to share with you today. All those - how did they do that? Do you think they practise lots? Is that a photo or did they draw that? questions questions!... questions that don't help mama's to concentrate on writing!! That is the downfall of a slow morning : )

So, we better get started don't you think?

Julia Bereciartu

I first came across Julia Bereciartu's work in her etsy store, and have enjoyed it immensely. The fact that her work is featured in the latest issue of "200 Best Illustrators worldwide 09/10" by Lürzer's Archive, pretty much says it all!

Living and working in Madrid (Spain), Julia produces a collection of works that are beautiful and diverse. I have chosen some samples of her watercolour drawings and Polaroids to share with you here, but if you skip over to her website you can check out a portfolio full of original works, illustrations and collage - take a peek:

(images from Julia Bereciartu)

NOTES:
visit Julia's website
visit Julia's store
read Julia's blog


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You won't believe the noise that is going on behind me right now. My boys are on the floor behind my seat racing cars around in a plastic bucket! I haven't the heart to tell them to move their playing to another room, instead, I think I'll join them : )

Oh, and it's the weekend! That sneaked up pretty quickly! Have a wonderful weekend!

See you Monday xxoo

No comments: