October 5, 2008

ready, steady go!

Hello!

I hope this finds you well : )
We have just returned from a fantastic break away (it is school holiday's here in NZ), which is why we are off to a slow start today.. but here we are, the beginning of Alphabet Number 3!!

Thanks to everyone who has got in touch with ideas, clever people and goodies to write about - I look forward to including your suggestions in this 3rd alphabet set - keep them coming, I always love hearing from you! Feel free to drop me a line any time at thedesignalphabet{at}yahoo{dot}com, if you have any suggestions... and please feel free to promote yourself!!

Yay! let's get started!



Atelier R. Bernier

Atelier R. Bernier is a fab design studio based in France. I have long admired their fabric printing, and was excited to hear that they are now concentrating on developing textile lines.

The fabric lines in their current collection are inspired by Iceland - it's colours, sounds and precious and rare flora... you also have to have a look at this table top - the design is actually stitched into the top of the table - it made me want to get out the cordless drill and some embroidery thread!! take a peek:






(images from Atelier R. Bernier)

NOTES:
visit the Atelier R. Bernier website
contact Atelier R. Bernier for stockists

Abby Glassenberg


Wow! This is one super clever lady! For two hours a day, while her two daughters nap, Abby Glassenberg is a soft toy artist. Have you seen her work? I love love love it! I only wish I was patient enough (and clever enough) to produce something half as fabulous! - have a look:








(images from Abby Glassenberg)

NOTES:
visit Abby's website
read Abby's blog
visit Abby's 'While She Naps' shop

There's more coming! I am trying to juggle blogging with school holiday activities.. not doing so well at it at the moment!! I will be back later - see you soon! x

No comments: