November 1, 2009

Alberto Cerriteño + Suki Allen + Abbey Goes Design Scouting



Hello! and welcome to alphabet*eight!

I hope you had a lovely week between alphabets. My week was very relaxing. In fact, I hardly did any 'work' - all though I couldn't help but do a little research here and there. The research is paying off, and this alphabet is shaping up to be a cracker.. are you ready to start?

We are beginning this journey with two amazing artists from Portland Oregon...(we love you Portland ! xo)

Alberto Cerriteño

I am so excited to begin this new alphabetical journey with the work of Alberto Cerriteño.

Alberto's playful and happy paintings, illustrations and prints are a delicate mix of traditional Mexican artistic influences and his seasoned manipulation of rich textures and decorative patterns.

Working from his home studio, Alberto is an independent artist who "collaborates with talented people with quirky and creative ideas focusing in anything where he can apply his illustrative creations."

(images and quote from Alberto Cerriteño)

NOTES:
visit Alberto's website
visit Alberto's store
read Alberto's blog

Suki Allen

So, as you are probably well aware, I have started a printmaking course. This means that my eye is drawn (more than ever) towards a whole load of hand printed goodness.

The work of Suki Allen was promptly added to my 'printmaking inspiration folder'. This week in class I am tackling woodcuts, and I think Suki's work is the perfect inspiration to get me started.

“I love the feeling of getting lost in my studio. I love when I disappear, my critical mind stops and my hands just make, make, make. My partner and I call these moments…”when the elves come out.” I am so thankful for the elves, and the respite art making provides.”




(images and quote from Suki Allen)

NOTES:
visit Suki's website
visit Suki's store
read Suki's blog


Abbey Goes Design Scouting...

"This is my stash of ideas, objects, books, interiors, art, people that inspire me. I guess I’d call this an inspiration blog — my journal of ideas on how to live a balanced, full, beautiful life.

I blog about what I’m studying at the Cooper-Hewitt Master’s Program in the History of Design (I’m obsessed with the history of design, especially the history of everyday objects), a cool old book I found in the library, art that makes my day a little bit better, a score from a regional auction or flea market, how I’m decorating my apartment, what I’m cooking in the kitchen or planting in my garden.

Sometimes I just blog about something that’s caught my eye, in my head or making me laugh."

(image and quote from Abbey Goes Design Scouting)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Wow! Eight, eight!! can you believe we are at alphabet*eight? I find it hard to fathom that we have started our 8th journey through the alphabet, unbelievable!

Thank you so much for joining me, it is so lovely having you here. Will you join me again tomorrow? I hope so.

See you soon, xxoo.

1 comment:

Amanda (Small Acorns) said...

Yay - a new alphabet! Love that first artist!