November 20, 2009

Lorena Barrezueta + Millamella + Ninon + My Owl Barn

Hi!

I'm back in the swing of things... : )

I have found some time to put together the letters for this week. Thank you so much for your patience...This time of year is proving difficult to keep under control (and to schedule!) as our calendar fills to the brim... anyway, we'll try to take it one day at a time....

Are you ready?
Lorena Barrezueta

I definitely have a 'thing' for colourful crockery at the moment. Maybe it is my longing for warm summer days that has me drawn to these fresh watermelon hues...

Lorena Barrezueta's Gourmet Collection "reintroduces the ubiquitous disposable tin food container in fine porcelain as a was of addressing our perceptions of quality, value, and high-end design."

(images and quote from Lorena Barrezueta)

NOTES:
visit Lorena's
website
visit Lorena's store

Millamella

There isn't much info around about the clever lass that produces these fab melamine plates from etsy store Millamella...there are so many great plates to choose from.. you should jump over and check them out...

Can you imagine a picnic set full of these lovelies?? - divine!

(images from Millamella)

NOTES:
visit the Millamella
store

Ninon

I couldn't resist these softies from Ninon - so adorable and so full of personality! Tania Patritti has been making things with fabric for seven years... her little monster sketches eventually partnered up with her sewing and in 2004 her project of "les monstrìs" was born.

I'm sure you'll find one you love...cute! cute! cute!

(images from Ninon)

NOTES:
visit Tania's
store
read Tania's
blog

Oh Owl, I love you..

If you are partial to a bit of Owly goodness, then you are going to adore My Owl Barn...
You name it... if it has an owl on it, in it, or somewhere close to it, the lovely Shivani from My Owl Barn will know all about it... you've got to check out the Anthropologie purses she wrote about recently - just gorgeous!

(image from My Owl Barn)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

one small voice...

I was so excited to read on the Small Acorns blog this week that one small voice can bring about big change...

Last week, Amanda from Small Acorns,
wrote about a large format store here in NZ carrying a copy of an Orla Keily duvet set...low and behold... the post got twittered and the tweet was noticed by one of Amanda's followers, who just happened to be both a journalist and an Orla Kiely fan...and guess what?? To cut a long story short, the said Duvet Sets have been pulled from the shelves - nationwide!!!

I think this wee story is so amazing. It is a fabulous example of the power of the internet, and the power of one person's voice - yay for small voices! and boo for designers who blatantly rip off other people's work! - well done Amanda!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

See you Monday! xxoo

1 comment:

My Owl Barn said...

I am so thrilled to be on your blog :D You made my day. Thank you!