November 5, 2009

Lee Meszaros + Erin Tyner + Grain Edit


Hi there!

Thanks so much for joining me, it is so lovely having you drop by : )

I've got my printmaking class today, so we are going to jump right in...

Lee Meszaros

These "Be Proud" Merit Badges by
Lee Meszaros are fantastic - have you seen them? There are so many great ones to choose from. Lee hand makes each badge - "lovingly silk-screened in dark brown, hand painted with colour, and hand embroidered. All done on cotton and cotton blends, reinforced with interfacing and cotton padding for strength."

Each badge has a pin sewn in the back so they can be worn with pride... : )

above: merit badge for - going out on a limb

above: merit badge for - quitting cold turkey

above: merit badge for - barking up the wrong tree

above: merit badge for - rolling with the punches

above: merit badge for - making a house a home

above: merit badge for - being busy as a beaver

(images and quote from Lee Meszaros)

NOTES:
visit Lee's
store

Erin Tyner

Do you love miniatures? I do! For some reason I find them really intriguing. I remember taking my oldest son to a model railway expo - I don't know who was more fascinated, him or me!

These photographs from Erin Tyner's 'Half Awake' series capture my fascination perfectly...take a peek:

(images from Erin Tyner)

NOTES:
visit Erin's
website
visit Erin's store

I heart....

"Grain edit is focused on classic design work from the 1950s-1970s and contemporary designers that draw inspiration from that time period.

Site content includes interviews, articles, designers’ libraries as well as examples of rare design annuals, type specimens, Ephemera, posters and vintage kids books from our bookshelves."

I love it!


(image and quote from Grain Edit)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

We are doing wood cuts in class today - I'm really looking forward to it... maybe one day I will be able to include my own work in this wee alphabet of ours : )

Have a wonderful day!

See you tomorrow for F (and Friday)! xxoo

1 comment:

My Owl Barn said...

Those badges by Lee are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :)