November 3, 2009

Brigitte Bouquet + Bespoke Press + Belle and Boo


Hello!

When we went to the beach this past weekend I was wearing a woolen singlet, woolen dress, leggings and a cardigan. My boys? Well, they thought it was a perfect day to go for their first summer swim in the ocean (bbbrrr!). The sun was shining but the wind was cold, cold, cold.

I can't wait for the bright, warm and sunny days of summer to be here - and for it to be warm enough for me to dip my toes in : )

Do you need some bright sunshine colours in your day? Well, I have just the thing...

Brigitte Bouquet

Isn't Brigitte Bouquet just the most beautiful name? And perfectly suited to these bright floral hues...

Brigitte has been working with clay for around 15 years and has an exciting variety of works in her portfolio. Each piece in her Wobbly Plate series (shown below) is individually made and carefully inlaid with a lace motif.

"They are thick as pancakes, absolutely not even but wobbly, and they look as if they just walked away from Alice in Wonderland's Mad Tea Party: The WOBBLY PLATES.They will create FUN IN YOUR KITCHEN and a FIESTA ON YOUR TABLE!"

OOhh! I like the sound of a fiesta on my table...and I do agree with Brigitte - these would create some fun in the kitchen!


(images and quote from Brigitte Bouquet)

NOTES:
visit Brigitte's
website
visit Brigitte's store

Bespoke Press

Thanks to the Inside Out Blog for introducing me to Bespoke Press from Brisbane (Australia).

The Bespoke Press collection of letterpress prints are just divine. Working alongside 10 talented up and coming illustrators, the folks at Bespoke Press have created this fab range of limited edition prints.

I am swooning over the third print below “The Sugar In Your Tea, In My Camomile Dreams” Illustrated By Kristal Melson. Beautiful!

Check out the Bespoke Press website for the details of each print...and for a gorgeous range of stationery and other printed goodness...


(images from Bespoke Press)

NOTES:
visit the Bespoke Press website
visit the Bespoke Press store
with thanks to Inside Out


Oh My!

I have been in love with the illustrative work of Mandy Sutcliffe from Belle and Boo for what seems like forever. I am pretty sure I can credit her gorgeous illustrations for being the first to introduce me to etsy.

If you are anything like me and love looking behind the scenes at the work of super clever creative folk, then the Belle and Boo blog is the one for you...it is a fun journey through the ins and outs of the Belle and Boo business, the characters they create and the wonderful products that they produce... I highly recommend you check it out : )

(image from Belle and Boo)
psst! check out the Belle and Boo website
here

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Ahh, what a lovely way to end B! The beginning and middle were pretty good too : )

Thanks so much for joining me, have a wonderful day!

See you tomorrow for C! xxoo

No comments: