March 1, 2010

+ Anna Church


Welcome!

Ahh! Alphabet*ten! What an incredible journey we've been on together! This alphabet in particular is such a big milestone - our first to hit the double digits! I've lost count of how many creative super-stars I've written about, but if I estimate correctly this alphabet*ten should see us come pretty close to reaching 1000(!), and we should easily hit the '300 posts' mark too!

As it seems with every alphabet, this one is shaping up rather nicely. I do still have some spaces to fill though, so if you know of anything or anyone you think should be included (and feel free to ruthlessly self promote : ) just drop me a line.

I am so happy to have you join me as we start on this new adventure - Are you ready for another alphabetical journey?

Let's go!

(Here's one that will get the hearts of all you ex-pats yearning for home...it's a perfect start to this new series, and I know you'll love it!)

Anna Church

If you have ever read a NZ interior or home magazine you will no doubt be familiar (if only subliminally) with the work of Anna Church. Anna is a super talented stylist who freelances for a number of leading New Zealand magazines, homeware brands and advertising campaigns.

Anna is the wearer of many hats; not only has she carved a niche for herself as a sought after stylist, she is also the co-creative director of wholesale and online linen and homewares company Gorgi. She juggles all her work with being a new mum, and still manages to pull together her own impressive series of artworks portraying NZ iconography through an assembly of NZ vintage design pieces.

"My work explores New Zealand culture and history through sculptural assemblage. My sculptures are then photographed and sold as limited edition prints. I use iconic objects such as vintage Crown Lynn ceramics, a Jackie Howe singlet and vintage wallpaper to form iconic images which, once assembled, emerge and create unique artworks with a Kiwiana twist. "

Take a peek:


(images from Anna Church, Clever Bastards, The Poi Room and Gorgi. quote from NZ Herald)

NOTES:
visit Anna's website

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It is so lovely to be back. Thank you so much for joining me. I am so pleased to have started this 'milestone' alphabet with someone like Anna - will you join me again tomorrow for B?



See you soon!
xxoo

2 comments:

Kickcan & Conkers said...

Nice - 'fraid to say I've never heard of her before -thanks for the intro :)

Amanda (Small Acorns) said...

Well I had no idea that Anna was actually all these clever people rolled into one! I've been coveting that crown lynn map of new zealand for some time!An inspired start to alphabet ten! xx
P.S The button on the side is perfect, and so kind!