March 15, 2010

+ Jennifer Mercede


Hello!

This year, one of my goals is to find a 'permanent creative outlet'...to me that means sticking at something, really delving in to it, really exploring it's (and mine) possibilities. I spend so much time and energy dabbling here and there, that I really am ready to 'settle' into something - do you know what I mean?

Of course I am hindered by a whole heap of insecurities; like "what if someone sees it?"(!), and "what if no-one likes it?", and I really must get my head around the fact that it isn't about 'everyone else', it really is just about me.

Jennifer Mercede

I recently read an interview over at the Portal Zine Blog from the super creative and super talented Jennifer Mercede. I has very much inspired me to continue on my quest for my own creative outlet. The words that really stuck to me are:

Q. What do you dream?
A. Of being so confident I love everyone and am free from any one's opinion of me!

Yes! Me too!

I've selected a few fun pieces out of Jennifer's store to share with you here, jump on over to her website for more... enjoy!

(images from Jennifer Mercede, quote from Portal Zine)

NOTES:
visit Jennifer's website
visit Jennifer's store

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Do you have any dreams for this year?? I hope you are nudging them along and you are on your way to making them come true : )

Have a great day!

xxoo

4 comments:

Kickcan & Conkers said...

These are really pretty; especially like the top butterfly one.

Jennifer DeDonato said...

amazing colors!

Kristy said...

I found you on Pintrest today !! Love the colors you use and especially love the giraffes !!!

Eva said...

I can relate to what you wrote about settling down and focusing on one thing. I have always been told to follow my bliss. However, I've also discovered success comes a little easier if one incorporates current trends. I don't mean copying,(you get lost in the crowd if you do that) but be aware of color and content.