October 14, 2009

Samantha Robinson + John Robshaw + Room Envy


We are already at R! I think this alphabet*seven is the fastest yet! - are you R R R Ready?

Samantha Robinson

Don't you LOVE the work of Sydney based ceramic artist
Samantha Robinson? I do!! I would love a little collection of tea cups (like the ones pictured 4th below) to find a home in my cupboards - imagine having those lovelies greet you in the morning as you peruse your tea collection - heaven!

Using a technique where an image is printed onto tissue paper and transferred to the porcelain, Samantha produces a range of patterns that reflect not only her immediate urban surroundings, but the intricate pattern work of China and Japan.

"Porcelain is my reflection of where society is at. It is my way of capturing what's going on with colour the fashion seasons and the changing blooms in the garden"

(images and quote from Samantha Robinson, with thanks to Australian Home Beautiful)

NOTES:
visit Samantha's
website

John Robshaw Textiles

I have been a long admirer of John Robshaw's collection. Reading through John's bio again reminded me of the passion that he has for the traditional pattern and printing methods of Asia. Utilising these traditions and reworking them into his own designs, John produces a collection of textiles that are strong, earthy and beautiful.

I suggest you jump over to his website for the complete low-down : ) and in the meantime, here's a taster...

(images from John Robshaw)

NOTES:
visit John's
website

You know you are on to a good thing when you're reading a blog and find yourself copying (loads of) images into your inspiration folder, right? Well that's exactly what I found myself doing when I was over at Room Envy recently.

Jenny Drew from Room Envy compiles a fab collection of the good, the bad and the ugly in home decorating - mostly, I just found good - and some new additions for my inspiration folder : )


(image from Room Envy)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

We have a full afternoon today, the boys have yoga and I'm off to buy the rest of our plants for our vege patch. We came home from Gisborne with four feijoa trees (thanks Bee!), so we have to get them in the ground too.. all before the weekend, when we are off on another road trip...more about that later...

see you tomorrow! xxoo

1 comment:

kreachr said...

Wow, lots of pretties today! This alphabet has gone way fast - R already!!