October 16, 2009

Trick or Treat + Two Thousand and Ten + Typedia


Hello!

We have decided to leave a bit earlier for our trip today, the weather is horrendous so we want to be able to take our time - and not arrive at midnight! I've got some fab treats to share with you today, including some links for you to peruse over the weekend... let's begin...


Trick or Treat

It's that time of year, where the ghosts and ghouls come a-knockin' on your door. The tradition isn't so huge here in NZ, but who can complain about having a special day dedicated to dress-ups and sweets!?

I have raved about the fab store Mahar Drygoods before. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It is one of my favourite places to find goodies for the wee ones, and the fact that everything is made by our favourite artisans and crafty folk, just makes it all the more irresistible!

Mr Mahar has fabulous taste, so you are guaranteed that his store is full of the best Trick or Treating goodness around... check it out...

(images from Mahar Drygoods)

NOTES:
visit the Mahar Drygoods store
read the Mahar Drygoods blog


Two Thousand and Ten

If my calculations are correct there are only about ten and a half weeks left in this super speedy 2009 year. The great thing about heading towards the new year is looking forward to a whole new series of calendars making their way into the stores of clever creative folk all over the world.

Below are a few of my favourite etsy finds, there are so many on etsy right now that it was pretty hard to choose...do you have a fave?

(Oh, and click the links under each one to be taken to their individual stores : )

above: a little hut

above: Stephanie Levy

above: YeeHaw

above: seesaw

above: pixelimpress

above: Jess Gonacha

above: one canoe two

above: valerie jar

(images as per credits below each)

NOTES:
visit etsy

click the links above to be taken directly to each store

Oh me, oh my...Typedia.

I have successfully instilled my 'typography love' into my oldest son (she says with a wicked chuckle: ), he loves looking through my ginormous collection of fonts, seeing how words look when they are written different ways...even pointing out the ones he knows when we are out and about.

You either love typography, or you don't.. and the folk at Typedia, well, they definitely do!

"In a nutshell, Typedia is a community website to classify typefaces and educate people about them. Think of it like a mix between IMDb and Wikipedia, but just for type. Anyone can join, add, and edit pages for typefaces or for the people behind the type.

We love type, and we have a burning desire to learn as much as possible about typefaces: where they come from, who made them, and why they look the way they do. We want everyone to be able to share in that rich knowledge and enjoy the art and artists of type design. Over time, we think Typedia could grow into a great educational resource for people to learn about their favorite typefaces and discover new ones."

Check out their website and blog - it's heaven!

(image form Typedia)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It's Friday! What do you have planned for your weekend? I hope it is something wonderful : )

As I mentioned, we are heading out of town again. This time to Rotorua, to celebrate my nephews first birthday and to (hopefully- weather permitting) watch my mum and brother jump out of a plane. It should be FUN!

Have a fabulous weekend, where ever you are!

See you Monday! xxoo

1 comment:

My Owl Barn said...

I like all the calendars. My favorite one is from Jessica. Love the colors and illustrations.