September 23, 2009

Charmaine Olivia Calcara + Cole Gerst + Curious Bird


Hello! How is your day going so far? We have another glorious spring day here, blue skies with a sprinkle of clouds, and a light sea breeze...I'm looking forward to enjoying it in a little while...

Today's 'C' collection is one that celebrates illustration, shall we get started?

Charmaine Olivia Calcara

I fell in love with the work of
Charmaine Olivia Calcara when I saw it in the latest Bolia catalogue. I had never seen her work before and loved it in this grand scale format seen in the first three images below.

And then I discovered her
store and website and blog.. oh my, so many gorgeous pieces of work... you should check it out...


(images from Charmaine Olivia Calcara with thanks to Bolia)

NOTES:
visit Charmaine's
website
read Charmaine's
blog
visit Charmaine's
store



Cole Gerst

You may already be familiar with the work of Cole Gerst. His artworks have graced the cover of a plethora of Cd's and Music posters - and you may have seen this piece super big on your sidewalk as part of the Vans Sky Gallery billboard campaign.

Cole's work is new to me. I found it while on a hunt for 'artwork that a boy would love' *think Christmas presents here : )* and Cole's prints definitely hit the spot.

I have chosen a small selection to showcase here, but I do suggest you jump over to his portfolio for a more in depth look - have fun!

(images from Cole Gerst)

NOTES:
visit Cole's
website
read Cole's
blog
visit Cole's store


I have really enjoyed my recent visits to Curious Bird...

Leya Williams-Albert is the crafty gal behind this lovey site..

"...a crafty lady residing in Philadelphia with her psychologist husband and two very lazy cats, Mortimer and Motown. Her seamstress grandmother taught her to sew way back in 1987 and she has loved creating ever since. She loves vintage fabric, good pens and taking daily photos, and she vows to always remain crafty, thrifty, and curious."

Curious Bird is Leya's photographic journal that documents her life and loves... it's a great read and her photography is beautiful : )

(image and quote from Curious Bird)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Have a wonderful day! See you tomorrow for D! xxoo

No comments: