February 1, 2010

Penny Stotter


Hello!

There was a bit of excitement in the house this morning. My eldest boy is celebrating his 7th birthday today- SEVEN! I can hardly believe it. The celebrating started early, with my youngest arriving in bed before dawn asking if it was too early to wake his brother... luckily his brother ended up coming in not too far behind, eager for us to get out of bed.

So, we've started the day with gifts, and singing, and photos - no breakfast yet though - I think there is too much excitement in the air!

I am eager to get this 'P' underway, so I can spend the day with my brand new seven year old : ) Let's go!

Penny Stotter

On my latest visit to Endemic World (where I was reminded about Nice Work), I was also reminded about the work of Penny Stotter.

Penny lives in New Zealand, on Waiheke - an idyllic island in Auckland's Waitemata Harbour. Graduating in 1995 from the Ilam School of Fine Arts, Penny worked as a designer up until her move to Waiheke in 2006 where she became a full time artist and print maker.

Penny's bold yet delicate black and white prints are full of New Zealand's flora, fauna and motifs. I am loving her 'Kiwi Dolls' print (third below) and her Heritage prints (pictured 1st, 5th and 7th below) are just divine - take a peek:

(images from Penny Stotter)

NOTES:
visit Penny's website


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Thanks so much for dropping by, it really is lovely having you here : )


See you tomorrow! xxoo

2 comments:

Nina said...

Lovely prints. The bird is fantastic - made me smile!
Nina

thea said...

mmm i love these. they're fascinating :)

thea.
xx

www.spoonfulzine.com