February 9, 2010

Cynthia Vardhan


Hello,

I hope your day is going well : )

Just like Q, U didn't show it's face yesterday... for the same reasons really... it's getting harder and harder to find things that I want to share with you that begin with U. What I am looking forward to though is alphabet*ten when a whole new approach to these tricky letters will be revealed - yay!

Alphabet*ten isn't that far away, we are cruising into the end of alphabet*nine this week.. but lets wait 'til Friday to talk about all that.

Are you ready for V? Let's go!

Cynthia Vardhan


Those of you who have been on these alphabet journeys for a while now will well and truly know about my penchant for colourful ceramics. One would wonder what I would do if I actually owned the amount of pretty porcelain that I write about - I do write about alot of it! One thing I do know is that I would be one happy gal!!

Imagining opening your cupboards to these beauties by Cynthia Vardhan...I would be in heaven!

"Since age 13, through college and arty grad school, my skills in ceramics have evolved and grown to what you see today: gorgeous little pieces adorned with textured patterns you can stare at and touch for hours.

The inspiration for these patterns can come from anywhere- from European lace doilies and henna patterns from India to the traditional fabrics of West Africa & Bali."

l.o.v.e!

(images and quote from Cynthia Vardhan)

NOTES:
visit Cynthia's website
visit Cynthia's store

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I've got a very sick little guy at home today, all though he is much perkier than he has been in a while, so things are looking up. We have a stack of books lined up, and some snuggling to do...plus loads of getting better...oh, and he has just announced we have monopoly to play too : )

Have a wonderful day!

See you tomorrow! xxoo

No comments: