February 5, 2010

Tea and Ceremony


Happy Friday! - again! : )

I can't believe the weekend is nearly here again, is time flitting by faster than ever, or what?!

I've got some loveliness to end the week on, shall we take a peek?

Tea and Ceremony

After yesterdays post on Studio Ditte, I was all inspired about the talent and inspiration that comes out of Europe, and in particular, Scandinavia. When I found the work of Sandra Igbodo from Tea and Ceremony I thought it would be the perfect follow on from yesterday, and a wonderful way to end the week. Who can go past work inspired by Scandinavian Folk Art and not drool?!

"Graduating from Manchester Metropolitan University with a degree in Design and Art Direction in 2001, Sandra has brought together all of her experience in art, design and craft to deliver a fusion of paper goods, illustration and sculpture.

Inspired by everything from Scandinavian folk prints to Lucienne Day and having practised various techniques from bookbinding to screen printing, Sandra's broad range of interest and experience gives Tea & Ceremony its unique identity"

Enjoy!

(images and quote from Tea and Ceremony)

NOTES:
visit Sandra's website
visit Sandra's store
read Sandra's blog


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

We have a very full schedule this weekend with birthday parties, bbq's and fishing - I can't wait!

What are you up to this weekend? Whatever you do, I hope it is wonderful!

Take Care,

See you Monday, xxoo

2 comments:

Janae Easton at Platypus File said...

I am super excited about Scandinavian art and folk art and love your recent post. Thanks for the pretties.

Helen said...

Wow! What an inspiration this blog is. I Found you through Kickcan & Conkers. So many nice finds, I could spend hours here.