May 27, 2009

H

I'm loving this H post. ..... so here we go...


Catherine Hammerton

I am so excited to showcase one of the hot-picks from the recent International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF).

I had compiled this H post a while ago, and I am delighted to have seen Catherine Hammerton's most up to date works when it was blogged about by some of the lucky folk who got to attend the ICFF show.

I first fell in love with Catherine's work when I stumbled across an image of her 'Fly Away' wall covering (pictured first, below). I remember sending it out to do the rounds in my emails for a while there! Since this first discovery I have been visiting Catherine's website every now and again to see what she is up to. (Her website itself is beautiful and well worth a visit.)

So, I started writing this post, and then discovered a few days ago that Grace at Design*Sponge had written about Catherine's newest work that had been shown at the ICFF, and because I'm not one to cut and paste someone else's post, I do suggest you jump over to d*s and check it out...it's divine!!

here's a peek:

(images from Catherine Hammerton and Design*Sponge)

NOTES:
jump over to read more at Design*Sponge
visit Catherine's website
visit Catherine's shop

Anna Hill

And while we are on the subject of gorgeous-wall-coverings, I wanted to introduce another clever designer from the UK - Anna Hill.

I am not really a bold wallpaper kind of girl, but I do really enjoy Anna's work. Her colour palette is fantastic and would definitely inject some energy into any room.



My favourite pick is 'Fancy Pheasant' pictured first below; I love how the pattern creeps around the corner of the room and how the pheasants are larger than life... and because all Anna's designs can be customised to suit your own personal space, you know it will not only fit perfectly but look amazing as well!

enjoy!



(images from Anna Hill)

NOTES:
visit Anna's website

Home Base Collections

I am so excited that Leanne Culy from Home Base Collections has received so much favourable press...And rightfully so! her work is beautiful, fresh and modern while maintaining a hint of kiwi-ness.

This NZ based designer creates a fabulous range of hand printed fabrics, cards, homewares and artworks.. a hint of her collection can been seen below..

What I really wanted to show you were her hand painted Oars - I LOVE them! but I couldn't reproduce any good images, so make sure you take a look at the 'Notes' below and jump over to have a look at the Oar Prints that Leanne has available at Paper-Works.

In the meantime meander through these piccys. I know you will find something that you love!


(images from Home Base Collections)

NOTES:
visit Leanne's website
see Leanne's Oar Prints at Paper-Works (you must!!)

And there we have H! In the middle of the week already! Have a fabulous day,

see you tomorrow for I xx

No comments: