November 7, 2008

Y and Z


Well folks, here we are at the end of another alphabet! - Can you believe we have now been through three whole sets?? Thanks so much for stopping by : )


Let's get started..


YooLa


Here is some more coated copper wire goodness... This time from etsy store YooLa. Yael Falk is the creative and very talented designer behind the YooLa collection.. I was pretty excited to see her include some lampshades in her work - beautiful! Yael also makes jewellery and other decorative pieces that are clean and structural - a result of being an industrial designer in her professional life...have a look:
(images from YooLa)

NOTES:

visit the YooLa shop

check out Yael's Industrial Design website


Ezme Designs


The ceramic work of Chandra S. Beck of Ezme Designs is stunning... on a more in depth tour of Chandra's website I discovered that ceramic isn't the only medium she works in, and her portfolio contains an impressive array of photography and mixed media as well.

Chandra's store has a great collection of ceramic pieces for the home and is well worth a visit - I LOVE her mugs!!

take a peek:

(images from Ezme Designs)

NOTES:
visit the Ezme Designs website
visit Chandra's shop
see Chandra's portfolio

ErinZam

There is something about miniature books that I just love : ) When we were clearing out my Grandparents house I was asked to choose something that I really wanted - I picked a teeny tiny bible that belonged to my Grandfather, I had always been fascinated with it, ever since I can remember -the super small print that we used to try and read with a magnifying glass, the soft little leather cover, and the inscription in the front...I'm not sure what it is about that little book, but the book making work of Erin Zamrzla takes me back there...

Erin is a master book maker, her website is chock-full of book making resources, and you can even find a Japanese Bookbinding tutorial and kit in her Etsy store 'ErinZam'. I think Erin's Pillowcase Books (pictured 1st below) are genius -


"I was inspired by nighttime journaling and the way that so many ideas flow the instant your head hits the pillow. Their design also relates to the concept of hiding secrets inside or underneath a pillowcase."

As well as being a clever book maker, Erin also produces a range of prints, mixed media and original works - Check out more below...

(images from ErinZam)

NOTES:
visit Erin's shop
read Erin's blog

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Feature!

Denyse Schmidt Annual Studio Sale!

Mark Saturday November 15th in your calendars!!

The Denyse Schmidt Annual Sample Sale will take place at the Bridgeport CT studio, from 10am to 4pm.

There are some super bargains to be had - Up to 70% off select Couture, Works, and DS for Sarita Handa quilts. Loads of quilt blocks, fabric, scraps and more for the DIY-crafter. Building-wide open studios, and refreshments! Don't miss it! Visit Denyse's Workshops page to download directions and more.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
As I said earlier in the week, I have decided to take an earlier-than-planned break from writing The Design Alphabet. I am planning on returning in January '09 and I would LOVE to have you join me then. This has been a wonderful journey so far, and I am looking forward to getting back into it in the new year.
In the meantime, if you have anything you think would be great to include in our first '09 alphabet, please don't hesitate to get in touch! I love hearing from you!
Until then, be safe and happy : ) Best wishes and many, many, many thanks - Jo xx

1 comment:

becca.elpy said...

Ooh, I'll have to check out Erin Zam's site. Book-binding is a technique I've wanted to try.