July 5, 2009

F



Hello! Welcome to a new week, I hope you have had a lovely weekend. For those of you who celebrated Independence Day - I hope you had an extra wonderful time xx

It is school holidays here for the next two weeks. I love the school holidays, we don't have to be anywhere, or do anything - but I tell ya, the list the boys have written is long, long, long! It looks like there are some adventures to be had in the next couple of weeks!

I have really enjoyed compiling the collection of goodies to showcase this week, let's get started...

Sleeping Forest Studios

Jai and Lauren Soloy are another fantastic husband and wife team (we've had quite a lot of them lately haven't we?) who work together to create their wood based collection from their
Sleeping Forest Studios.

Jai is a wood turner and Lauren is a certified furniture designer and builder - Hows that for a perfect dynamic duo?! And together they create "high quality handcrafted wooden objects in our small but mighty shop in rural Nova Scotia. "

I think this 'Victorian Children Original Art Whirligig' shown below is just beautiful, I can imagine spending many hours spinning that Victorian boy round, and round, and round....


(images from Sleeping Forest Studios)

NOTES:
visit Jai and Lauren's
website
visit Jai and Lauren's
store
read Jai and Lauren's
blog



Fricdementol

mmmm Gocco! Ana Raimundo has the art of gocco down pat. Well actually she has most mediums down pat! - Have you seen her
Fricdementol collection?

Ana's body of work includes a fab selection of gocco prints that sit perfectly besides watercolour and pencil works, and hand embroidery/illustration combos - nice!

I have a selection of gocco prints below to tempt your taste buds. When you've finished this first course, pop over to Ana's store for the rest! enjoy!

(images from Fricdementol)

NOTES:
visit Ana's
store

Fanciful Form

I thought the work of Lauren Knuckles was too beautiful to pass up and I just had to show it to you... and...its a lovely way to finish off Monday. : )

Lauren's store 'Fanciful Forms' showcases a beautiful mix of hand made pieces sculpted and baked out of durable clay. Her pendents, rings, earrings and sculptures are stunning and I love how each flower petal is so expertly shaped and perfectly positioned.
take a peek:

(images from Fanciful Form)

NOTES:
visit Lauren's
store
read about
Lauren's success

And that rounds out Monday. Thanks so much for joining me, see you tomorrow for G!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Many thanks for featuring my work! It's a great pleasure :)